Congratulations to our 2010 Young Artist Competition Gold Medal Winner! Peter Woodruff shown in the photo below with BBCEO Chair, Stephanie Smith.
The now annual BBC Young Artist Competition was held on February 28, 2010 at Northwest Christian Church in Upper Arlington. Ten area high school musicians competed for three top cash prizes. Judges were Bruce Henniss (Ohio State University), Ben Huntoon (Otterbein University), and Tony Zilincik (Capital University). Competing for a cash prize and a chance to solo with the Brass Band of Columbus were:
- Timothy Webb, Worthington Christian HS
- Denver Lemont, Westerville Central HS
- Evan Debo, Teays Valley HS
- Sam Lawless, Big Walnut HS
- Willy Hauser, Columbus Academy HS
- Benjamin Crowder, Teays Valley HS
- Emma Reber, Thomas Worthington HS
- Peter Woodruff, Hilliard Darby HS
- Maximillian A. McNutt, New Albany HS
- Alan Weide, Thomas Worthington HS
- Grant Jameson, Dublin Coffman HS
The winner was Peter Woodruff, who was presented $500 and an opportunity to perform with BBC. The concert will be June 15 at Trinity Lutheran Seminary. BBC Educational Outreach Chair Stephanie Smith, administered the event. The Brass Band of Columbus applauds and thanks the Northwest Christian Church for hosting the competition.
~ Source: The Brass Band Connection, June 10 Edition.